1. My wife, Violet, has been my biggest supporter and encourager to continue writing, especially on days when I did not feel like it. Her support for the words I put on a page has been a huge help even when we both know it was really not worth reading in its 218th edited format. Her stock phrase after I ask, “Well, what do you think?” is normally “It’s good. No, really, it’s good. I like it.” This means I have to go back and reword another sentence, paragraph, chapter, or just start over!
2. My sons, M, T, and S, have long insisted that they like my writings and my stories, but they may be prejudiced because they wanted more allowance growing up! Now that they are older, they don’t want to disappoint their mom, so they still tell me how much they like my ramblings.
3. One of my best friends, J.L. Pattison, has been another big source of inspiration. He has kept at his own writing as well as spent time cajoling, needling, and just plain being a nuisance to those of us who on some days could have written something but didn’t. He keeps checking to see if I have more followers and I respond by checking his, all the while hoping that I have caught up to the number of readers he has. However, he somehow manages to bribe more people to join his cause than I have been able to do. I encourage you to follow his blog as well, but only if you have followed mine first!
4. Another shout-out to another of my best friends, Sony Elise. (As a side note, I only have a handful of best friends as I unfriended all the other ones who didn’t like my stories!) Sony has actually edited just about every story and magazine article I have ever written. She has used much red ink in her pursuit of making my stories readable. Her side comments like, “Not worth reading” or “You call this writing” or “Maybe you should keep your day job” have inspired me to bee a mutch bitter righter! Seriously, she is a great editor and I recommend her services highly.
5. Finally, there are many others who have inspired me including extended family and other friends. However, I think this last place has to go to somebody who does not know me and that has never met me. It is those authors I have long read and those who have read my writings. Together, these have been an inspiration to keep going. The authors persevered so that others could follow after them, while those who read me encourage me to write another day.
To each and every one of you, a huge THANK YOU!
PS – What inspires you?
This entry was posted in authors, blogging, Humor, motivation and tagged a huge thank you, authors, blogging, books, editing, encouragement, extended family, fiction, inspiration, J.L. Pattison, Sony Elise, writing.